About Karen Dess
Intuitive therapist, counsellor and psychic reader.
My background is half Aussie back to convict days, with Anglo Celtic heritage before that, and half Italian immigrant heritage with some German and Spanish thrown in. I was brought up half to keep the peace, don’t make a scene, play down the problem, and half to scream, shout and complain about your problems, blame other people, and make a scene. I’m half protestant and half catholic, though to keep the peace on that one I was basically brought up without religion.
All of this conflicting information, the different ways of being, or of what’s appropriate, led me to create my own moral code. I found my own spirituality in the face of not being shown anything, my own ways of behaving in public in the face of being shown such contradictions, my own understanding of my heritage and my identity. This has been greatly helped by being Australian and by being brought up in the melting pot that Australia is, and open to all the mix of races and religions within it.
I have the capacity to see inside what is partially hidden. I “see” this information from a combination of feeling the tensions and logically processing the data. The result is a feeling/ thinking understanding of what is happening. Once I understand what is happening then I can feel/ think into the options available for possibilities and solutions going forward into the future.
My own personal ingredients include all of the following:
- Theatre & film background, loving creativity, storytelling and character analysis.
- A lifelong passion for spirituality, tarot reading and divination, and the esoteric meaning of life – in particular starting with why am I here and what’s the meaning of my life?
- Experiencing my own Hero’s journey backpacking alone through Europe for 2½ years in my 20’s.
- Developing my psychic ability throughout my 20’s with runes, tarot & divination, meditation and studying with a Metasymbology master.
- I came to realise that everyone’s story is unique and this uniqueness that makes them special.
- I came to realise that all life priceless, that the life we live needs to be lived fully and deliberately, and that every birthday should be celebrated for having achieved another year on earth. Everything counts, and those people that undersell themselves and their achievements rob themselves of joy and the reason for people to be here on the planet.
- I strive for my clients to become the best version of themselves in the best version of the lives that they can create. I love my life and want everyone to love theirs.
Over Twenty Years of Study
Life Path Therapy includes:
- Metasymbology life paths
- Life coaching
- Systemic family constellations
- Sessions and workshops combining all these modalities into a single session
In addition to using Hypnotherapy, NLP and Metasymbology Karen blends a combined knowledge of twenty years’ worth of studies in other alternative therapies, including:
- Jungian Archetypes
- Core Energetics
- Holistic Counselling
- Dream Analysis
- Parts Therapy
- EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique – Tapping)
- SMH (Subconscious Mind Healing)
- Kinesiology (Muscle Testing)
- Time Line Therapy
- Holographic Repatterning
- The Life-Purpose System
- Energetic Healing
- Sound and Colour Therapy
- Astrology and Numerology
Clinical Member Of
Australian Hypnotherapist Association & International Medical & Dental Hypnotherapist Assoc
Karen’s qualifications and experience include:
- Diploma of Clinical Hypnotherapy from the Australian College of Hypnotherapy
- Practitioner Certificates of Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP) and Counselling
- Diploma of Parapsychology from Soulmate Connection
- Diploma of Leadership in Expressive Arts and Group Work
- Certified Life Coach from the Academy of Applied Psychology
- Bachelor of Arts Degree, Literature and Drama from Macquarie University
- Graduate Diploma, Producing from A.F.T.R.S
- Spiritual Growth Practitioner & Energy Intuitive
- Certified studies in Metasymbology and Chinese Nine Star Ki
- Tarot & Angel Card Reader
Karen is also a clinical member of the International Medical & Dental Hypnotherapy Association (I.M.D.H.A), and the Australian Hypnotherapists Association (A.H.A).
Her practice is conducted in accordance with the NSW Health Care Commission Code of Conduct.